You’ve gone through all the trouble of growing and maintaining a beard, and the last thing you want is for it to get overshadowed by annoying beard dandruff and dry skin. If you notice dry and flaking skin under your beard, the problem can be as simple as the way you take care of your glorious facial hair every day.
At CastleBeard, we are ready to stay on guard of your lustrous beard and healthy skin. In this article, we are going to answer the question “Does beard oil help with dry skin?”
What Causes Dry Skin Under the Beard?
If you are a proud owner of a beard, one of the most common conditions you may experience is dry skin beneath it. It can be caused by a wide range of factors, such as:
- Washing your beard too often. Washing the beard too frequently can dry out the skin by stripping away your natural sebum oils. Aim to wash your beard just a few times per week.
- Sunburn can lead to dryness, itchiness, and irritation of your skin, even if it is covered by hair.
- Weather that is too hot or too cold. Extremely cold weather can get rid of moisture from your skin, leading to itchiness and dryness. Weather that is too hot can cause the same problem.
- Strong ingredients and detergents. Using regular shampoo or soap on your beard can strip your beard and the skin beneath it from all the essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Products that strip away natural oils. Certain beard products may strip away the natural oils around the area. Luckily, active ingredients in beard oils from CastleBeard can help to replenish the natural oils to keep the skin healthy and moisturized.
How Does Beard Oil Help with Dry Skin?
When it comes to relieving the dryness of your skin underneath your beard, beard oil truly works wonders. Comprising carrier oils and essential oils, beard oil from CastleBeard is designed specifically to condition both facial hair and the skin under it.
Let’s take a look at two key ingredient groups and how beard oil helps with dry skin:
- Carrier oils. Carrier oils are derived from seeds or nuts and are often found in grooming products with natural ingredients. These oils are mild and deliver most of the benefits, such as moisturizing and nourishing the skin. For example, CastleBeard oils include jojoba oil, which draws water from the air to keep your skin moisturized, as well as vitamin E oil to protect the skin from UV damage.
- Essential oils. Essential oils are what gives beard oil its distinctive fragrance. Essential oils are always diluted to prevent irritation of sensitive skin. At CastleBeard, you can choose between sweet vanilla notes, aromatic herb scents, light woody aromas, and more.
Show Your Beard Some Love with CastleBeard
While dry and flaky skin can ruin the appearance of even the most gorgeous beard, the problem can be easily solved by using appropriate grooming products. Among other things, beard oil can help with dry skin significantly and reduce itchiness, redness, and flaking.
Choosing the right beard oil, beard balm, wash, and conditioner can get tricky, but CastleBeard has got you covered. Buy our Full Beard Grooming Kit now.
- beard oil
- Sea Salt